Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Phonetics and New Spelling

Alice: Hello! This is directory assistance. How can I help you?
Caller: I'm looking for a post office in Blaenau Ffestiniog in Wales.
Alice: Can you help me spell the town please?
Caller: Yes. The first word is spelled B-L-A-E-N-A-U.
Alice: I'm sorry I didn't get the first letter.. Is that B for Baguio?
Caller: Yes.
Alice: Thank you. Can you give me the spelling of the second word please?
Caller: Surely. It's F-F-E-S-T-I-N-I-O-G.
Alice: The first letter is F or S?
Caller: F.
Alice: Is that F for Florida in Pampanga or S for San Fernando in Pampanga?
Caller: That's letter F for fineapple juice.
Alice: Huhh?!

4 comments:

Rouselle said...

OMG, is this even true? Hahaha! :D

The Snappy Sparrow said...

@nitin, i think she has a P and F problem :)
@angel, its true angel. last month i heard someone saying B for Bocaue Bulacan and C for chicharon :)

Madame K said...

hahaha. hilarious indeed.

ruthinian said...

very funny!