Sunday, July 19, 2009

Letter of Apology

Working in a call centre is not that easy. There are several factors that make this job so stressful and tiring. One of the stressors that agents usually encounter is an irate caller. Two weeks ago, one of my teammates got suspended for being rude and sarcastic to her angry caller who was complaining for a bad service.

Before she got suspended, the management asked her to give a letter of apology for her misconduct. The following is her letter of apology:


To whom it may concern:

Good day!


Please accept my sincerest apology for my conduct on July 6 2009. There is no excuse for my behaviour. The purpose of this is to convey to you my apology for any rudeness I have caused the caller. I would also like to bring to your attention the fact that it was not my intention to annoy the caller. When I did the mimicking, I was not sure that time if I had pressed the mute button or if the mute button was not working. I was terribly shocked when I realized that she heard me that is why I was on dead air for 20 seconds after the caller asked to be transferred to a supervisor.

I admit that I was wrong and I accept full responsibility for my behavior. I understand that it may be difficult for the company to accept my apology, but I hope that this letter might give me an opportunity to help prove my worth since I have been with the company for almost five years with perfect attendance. I value my work and I enjoy working with my officemates. If anything good can come of the situation it would be I have learned a life lesson from this experience.

I am hoping that you will give me a chance to regain the trust of the company.

Sincerely yours,

Lalaine Grey

No comments: